Sunday, September 19, 2010

September purple


Why September purple when most of the days filled with rain?
because every color i choose now is purple....
my new phone,my new towel,my new shirt,my new watch,my new pencil box,my new jeans and eye shadow for my make up box (for my clients).
Basically i'm not a person who biased with colour because i love all colour!but ultimately i love white,pink,black,red,lime green and now purple...

In this town,purple always define widowed,as they say widowed love purple but hey...not only "dont judge the book by it's cover" but also dont judge the book by it's colour!

I choose the right purple though : it's called a royal purple, In medieval Europe, blue dyes were rare and expensive, so only the most wealthy or the aristocracy could afford to wear them. (The working class wore mainly green and brown) Because of this (and also because Tyrian purple had gone out of use in western Europe after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476), Europeans' idea of purple shifted towards this more bluish purple known as royal purple because of its similarity to the royal blue worn by the aristocracy. This was the shade of purple worn by kings in medieval Europe
And from what i Google,Purple in wikipedia,that in the French academic system, the five traditional fields of study (Arts, Science, Medicine, Law and Divinity) are each symbolized by a distinctive color, which appears in the academic dress of the people who graduated in this field. Purple (usually a hue close to Royal Purple) is the distinctive color for Divinity.

"womanist is to feminist as purple is to lavender." Alice Walker the author of The Color Purple

So much in purple eh?i'm lovin it!!!!!